AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZG + 4.10 firmware glitch ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 6/11/2007 23:29 (#161319 - in reply to #161213)
Subject: Re: EZG + 4.10 firmware glitch ?

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Thinking about my problem of losing the headlands line. My farm is in the prairie pothole region of ND,and it is very common to have an odd shaped pothole ( or several) at the edge of a field. Many times this leaves a narrow finger of land where the pothole and field border meet. I have always driven into these little fingers of land,do a 180 degree turn and lap back over what I have just sprayed and follow the outside of the pothole until I am back at the field border on the other side and continue around the field.

I wonder if the Headlands firmware may not allow me to do a 180 degree reversal and lap back for a bit over my original track while doing a headland.
If I was to ignore these little fingers of land between pothole and field border, just do a 90 degree turns at the edges of the pothole and continue around the field and do those little fingers after I have completed the headlands and switched to the A-B pattern inside the headlands.
I suspect this might work as Headlands only seems to lose the line on these irregular shaped fields with the tight overlapping reverse turns. Good fields with normal 90 degree corner turns do not seem to bother it.

Got to experiment with that and see if it works, or is just another one of my failed plans :-)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)