AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problems ugrading QuickBooks Pro
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 12/25/2006 22:52 (#78715)
Subject: Problems ugrading QuickBooks Pro

I recenty purchased a new version of QuickBooks Pro (2007) and am trying to put my files from QuickBook Pro 5.7 onto the new version. The 5.7 is on an old computer while the 2007 is on a new computer.

I have four companies on 5.7 and so far have been able to move the files for three of the companies over the last 6 hrs. The first two companies transfered right away. On the third I had quite a bit of trouble but was finally able to get it moved over. I though I was doing everything the same as with the first two but evidently not.

I have spent a good two hours trying to move the files of the 4th company without any success. :~((. I'm hoping someone on here can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Here's how I have been doing it

1. made a backup of the old files from 5.7 onto a 3.5 disc. Each company on a seperate set of discs
2. Placed the discs into the new computer & opened QB2007
3. opened that company & clicked on "restore" Here's where I started running into problems.

On the third & fourth companies it brings up one of the first two companies' name where it asked for the file name that I'm restoring from even though that name is not on the disc. I have gone into "browse" & clicked on "open" or "select" under the correct file name which puts that name in the correct address box. Whewn I click on "restore" it will start to restore from the disc but after awhile it goes back to the address boxes where it shows the name of the previous company as the backup source.

Sorry if I'm not explaining this very well but I'm pretty worthless when it comes to this techincal jargon. Daughter was suppose to help convert things this weekend but her husband was sick & didn't arrive till Sunday evening & they had to leave early this a.m.

I would greatly appreciate any & all help. Ineed to get these files transfered as the printer for the old computer has gone on the fritz & I need to get them moved so I can print them off with the new computer's printer.

TIA,
boog
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)