AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

City girl marries farmer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Fefernuse
Posted 8/18/2009 16:10 (#815661)
Subject: City girl marries farmer

Litchfield MN.
I'm a former city girl who married a farmer. I was wondering how many of us are out there.

I have a BA degree in music education and run my own business--a private music studio in town where I teach Kindermusik classes and Suzuki violin and piano lessons. He runs the farm with his brother and nephew. We've been married 26 years and have two boys, one age 20 and one 17.

I have had no regrets living on a farm. It's been great to raise kids-especially boys. We're also close enough to Minneapolis/St. Paul where I have no problem navigating the freeways to keep in touch with culture and my music interests. My husband has joined me on some of these ventures as I have gone to Farm Fest, appreciation suppers put on by various companies, detours on travels to stop to look at tractors/implements/ or whatever and spent many hours at the now extinct "Machinery Hill" at the State Fair. While I'm more comfortable in his world than he is in mine, we've found shared experiences that have suited both in either environment.

So, just wondering if we're an "odd" couple or not.

Mrs. Fefernuse
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)