AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Covid health related - skip if you are sick of covid talk
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/14/2022 08:58 (#9843761)
Subject: Covid health related - skip if you are sick of covid talk

Pittsburg, Kansas
Some of us still like to follow up the science to see what mistakes can be avoided "next time round" we have a pandemic...........and I am pretty sure there will be more panics.

Most of the studies showing ivermectin didn't work had it administered 5 or more days after symptoms appeared. For an anti-viral to do any good it has to be administered during the viral replication stage. In covid most of the viral replication happens in the first ten days after exposure. For an anti-viral to surpress this replication of the virus, the earlier it is administered the better chance it has to be effective. Give it ten days after exposure and the anti-viral properties will show no benefit because the viral replication is already past for the most part. Any help it gives in latter stages will be for other reasons, for instance inflammation reduction. Ideal time for administration is upon known exposure or at the very first sign of illness. The longer a person waits, the less time the medicine has to work at reducing virus replication.

Here is an old study just now making some obscure headlines. I had not heard of it before, though that does not mean it was not available.

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=246942

Is it some magic cure? No. Can it be a helpful treatment? Many think so and I also do.

If you are sick of covid stuff, just skip this thread. I skip lots of threads that I have no interest in yet I don't belittle the other posters that enjoy and benefit from the things that hold no interest to me.

Edited by John Burns 9/14/2022 09:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)