AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Covid health related - skip if you are sick of covid talk
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/15/2022 08:30 (#9845096 - in reply to #9844989)
Subject: RE: Covid health related - skip if you are sick of covid talk

Pittsburg, Kansas
I think the vaccine was a good idea for high risk older individuals, particularly if they had other health problems. We did not know at first, but later proven that overweight and diabetes were BIG factors in complications from contracting covid. I was watching it closely because we are of an age and with my diabetes (yet in complete remission) would have been considered in that group. But with my wife and I loss of our excess weight and my remission of diabetes I felt on the rail of getting vaccinated or not. I think early on it did a lot of the high risk individuals probably a lot of good. My wife was dead set against vaccination and I was on the fence, so we waited till more information came in thinking we were not really in a high risk group. Then as time went on, the virus changed, it seemed less and less the vaccine was as effective as it originally was. So I gave up on the idea of getting it then as we had also found there were several treatmenst other countries were using that were fairly effective. So as time went by I saw less and less need to accept any unknown risk (however small it might be) and more reason to avoid it. So far so good. I think we had it anyway but if it was it was pretty mild and only lasted a couple days. Only felt severe for a few hours.

So that is kind of my reasoning and thought proces over the covid time period. The other thing that really turned my stomach on the whole deal is when the powers that be were pushing the shot on young people and even small kids. I never saw any data that supported reasoning for applying it to low risk groups. That made me question their motives.

Edited by John Burns 9/15/2022 08:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)