AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Was this really worth bringing criminal charges?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Pofarmer
Posted 7/14/2011 13:50 (#1862794)
Subject: Was this really worth bringing criminal charges?

According to documents filed Friday in the Audrain County Circuit Court by Prosecuting Attorney Jacob Shellabarger, Mexico Public School officials Superintendent Tina Woolsey and Director of Transportation and Grounds Pat Hanley have been charged with the misdemeanor offense of “stealing of services” (less than $500).
They are accused of appropriating the use of a mechanic and a vehicle lift, provided by the school district, without the consent of the district. According to the documents, the Class A misdemeanor is punishable by a term not to exceed one year and/or a fine not to exceed $1,000.
Audrain County Deputy Sheriff Lt. Matthew Oller stated in his probable cause statement that Mark and Autumn Angel witnessed a personal vehicle being worked on in a school district facility (the district’s bus garage) during the week of May 23. Oller states: “School District Mechanic David Kuda told me Woolsey’s Suzuki SUV had been brought to the facility by his supervisor, Mark Pat Hanley and he was instructed to repair the vehicle. Kuda said the repairs took about three hours and he made the repairs while being paid by the school district at the rate of about $30,000 per year.
“Mark Pat Hanley told me he had been ‘asked’ by Woolsey to look at her car during the week of May 23, 2011. Hanley told me he took the car to the bus facility and he and Kuda diagnosed the problem and made the repairs in the bus maintenance facility.”
School Board President Dr. Peter Perll said in a statement this morning, “I am aware of the charges that have been filed against two employees of the Mexico 59 school district (Ms. Woolsey and Mr. Hanley). I have been aware that an investigation has been ongoing for several weeks. At no time was a complaint made by anyone to the Mexico School District nor to the Mexico Board of Education. I am saddened that the Mexico Board of Education was never contacted by the Audrain County Sheriff’s Office or by the Audrain County Prosecutor’s Office prior to chargtes being filed.
“The Mexico Board of Education will be requesting all the evidence collected that resulted in the charges being filed. We will look into this matter thoroughly and will have a statement from the Board at the conclusion of the investigation.”
A hearing for Woolsey and Hanley is scheduled for 10 a.m. July 20 at the Audrain County Courthouse."

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)