AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A couple new ones on me
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 1/30/2024 06:46 (#10600080)
Subject: A couple new ones on me

Well first one was a animal we caught in my mother-in-laws house in attic. She could hear noises up there, the house had been added on two different times from original build. So we checked those portions of the attics. Never found anything, but put some rat bait out. Well couple days later she heard it again. So there was one cubby hole space that had been used to store camping gear in old protion of house above a stair case. It was slightly open. There we found his scat, we figured a raccoon had come down chimney into basement fireplace, as we found screen/door had been moved.

So set a live trap, caught this little feller. We have never seen one of these. Even my local government trapper didn't know what it was. Looks to be a Ringtail cat or also called a Civet cat. I've heard of a Civet cat, but I assumed that was just another name for a skunk.

This mystery started 30 days ago when my son saw paw prints on tailgate of truck. Kind of looked like a cat paw, but didn't really look like it. Didn't match a raccoon either. So then next I found scat on air cleaner of my feed truck. So at that time I figured I had a raccoon wandering around. Then 30 days later mother heard the noises. I figured he went from trees to roof, then down chimney.

Now wondering if he had been dumped off here, as no local has ever seen one. Fish & Game has been real good at bringing us stuff because we are close to Utah border and we are right on there boundaries from district areas.

Next one was a coming two year old heifer of neighbors was trying to abort a calf. So he put her in, she pushed head out, front feet. Then quit, so he pulled it. He and I have never seen this. Heifers due to calve March 1st. Our vet told us most likely a deal called Fetal Hydrops by the looks of it. Most likely had an abnormal placenta that didn't allow it to release the excretions from the calf and caused a back up into the belly.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 1/30/2024 06:55

(8215 (full).jpeg)

(8214 (full).jpeg)

(20231218_111114 (full).jpg)

(20231231_084514 (full).jpg)

(8246 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 8215 (full).jpeg (216KB - 188 downloads)
Attachments 8214 (full).jpeg (226KB - 193 downloads)
Attachments 20231218_111114 (full).jpg (147KB - 173 downloads)
Attachments 20231231_084514 (full).jpg (162KB - 169 downloads)
Attachments 8246 (full).jpeg (511KB - 176 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)