AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insurance claim denial, tell me what you think.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Emken
Posted 11/18/2022 18:19 (#9938701)
Subject: Insurance claim denial, tell me what you think.

Flat rock, Illinois
Back toward the start of harvest we were cutting beans and hauling them back to my Dads farm where I rent a couple bins off of him. Dad drove my old 87 GMC grain truck back with a load of my beans backed the truck up to the auger put it in gear, shut the truck off, (E Brake kinda Sucks). Crawls on tractor to start it, he hears a pop looks down and the truck has flames coming under the hood. he runs for a bucket of water by the time he gets back the truck is roaring and ends up catching a line 0f big round bales on fire close to the truck, fire department is called, I am called and we spend the rest of the night fighting a hay fire,he Lost around 70 5x6 bales and a fence they were lined up along.

I own the truck and carry the insurance on it I don't have comp on the truck as I didn't think it was worth that much and I didn't worry about hitting a deer. The trucks a Loss and that's that.

What I'm aggravated about is I had 250k of property damage Liability on the truck, So dad turned in the hay and fence to my policy and this afternoon the adjuster called and said they are not paying dad because he was operating the truck. Dads not happy about having to turn in a claim to his insurance and has a sizable deductible.

This seem square to you guys? Grinnel Insurance btw.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)