AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bus laws rant.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

linsal
Posted 10/25/2018 06:07 (#7063781 - in reply to #7063577)
Subject: RE: Bus laws rant.

Richland Center, Wi
saltcreek - 10/24/2018 21:23

We live on a blacktop road and when the bus drop out kids off they have to cross across traffic. We have had a couple close calls where vehicles coming from the other direction not stop and go right on through the stopped bus and flashing lights. The driver is suppose to call it in, but if they don't get tag number description of the vehicle and driver they can't do anything.
Well today was almost the nightmare that I have been afraid of. The kids were off the bus and standing in front of the bus in the middle of the lane getting ready to walk into the other lane when a car come from behind the bus and passed. Thank God for our wonderful bus driver paying attention and the kids paying attention to her. I don't know what I would have done if the opposite would of happened.
So now after 3 close calls the bus will now pull into our driveway to drop the kids off then turn around. 1 time is to many. I just can't for the life of me not figure out how you can't see a big yellow school bus with flashing lights on it and not stop. Thanks for the rant. Make sure you give your kids an extra hug and or kiss.

Talk to the school district or bus company (whoever owns the buses) and offer to buy a dash cam. As other posters have indicated, they are pretty cheap.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)