AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

potential tariff fallout
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Abomb
Posted 9/19/2018 10:48 (#6996645 - in reply to #6996577)
Subject: RE: What are they going to substitute it with?

Feeding table scraps could be part of the asf problem since it seems to be hitting the backyard hogs not the commercial operations. I think 40 some percent of their hogs are backyard type operations. They can gut the soybean demand all they want but they are going to need more pork then, or starve. I bet asf has gutted a hell of a lot more production than we know about. They were at the 40,000 culled number, the number of cases has doubled since then but the number culled hasn’t changed. At this point it’s at so many places across the country.....it’s not like it’s all in one area, it’s everywhere. I can’t possi imagine the Chinese being open and honest about how widespread it is, they are going to keep it as low key as they possibly can. But as long as they have a major tariff on our hogs, I would think their pork consumption will just go down some. I don’t know they might just starve before they give in. I have a hard time believing we are going to keep it out of here for long though also. So it’s like are we going to get filthy rich on hogs, or are the tariffs going to stay in place, or are we going to get asf and go broke fast. I kind of hope they get it under control or the fear of importing it here in feed is going to be stuck in my mind indefinitely.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)