AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

From the posts here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tileman2
Posted 9/18/2018 09:29 (#6994394 - in reply to #6994220)
Subject: The problem is...

NW IN
That your side wants to take what I've earned..."You didn't build that"....that's a direct quote from your hero. So how is voting for "redistribution" and more poorly designed government programs going to help anyone???

Obamacare (mentioned above)??? "if you like your doctor, you can keep him". "If you like your current plan, you can keep it." "We'll lower premiums by up to $2500 per year for a family." Your hero, his quotes.

The cold, cruel reality is that investments have been made (tile, irrigation, etc.) that mitigate many risks and the really good corn growing areas are producing crazy good yields. Ground will need to come out of production like it has in the past. Rents will re-adjust to what the land can produce. Highly variable sand in my area shouldn't rent for the same amount that consistently high yielding ground in the middle of Illinois or in NC Iowa rents for, but it currently does.

I hope, for everyone's sake, that the government stays out, unlike the 80s. They will only prolong the pain for all of us.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)