AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

From the posts here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 9/18/2018 09:02 (#6994360 - in reply to #6994220)
Subject: RE:No!...That's a defeatist attitude.

southern MN
farmer4321 - 9/18/2018 06:46

"‘Tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them?"
The most of our current troubles are simply self-inflicted. We allowed to be elected the wrong people. There is still time to reverse things and save them. But not much.
The simple fact is, trump has used Sec 321, the national security provision to justify his actions. Congress can take that authority away from him at any time simply by passing a law. Even the Republicans have begun to question his use of this authority in this way for this situation. As for the ethanol situation, the Republicans, particularly the farm state republicans have clearly abrogated their oversight responsibilities, they simply have.
I'm sorry but the way to solve both problems is to replace enough Republicans in Congress and the Senate to properly supervise this administration.
Keep clearly in mind these essential words of the Declaration of Independence, "the pursuit of happiness". The words "pursuit of happiness" is not an admonition to " get drunk and be happy". The words "pursuit of happiness" in their Eighteenth Century meaning is "the right to chose" what's best for you. We live under an adversarial political system where you have stand up for what's best for you, individually and collectively. If you don't do that, it's assumed that "you don't care" and the other guy gets to do whatever he wants.
And that's "liberal" philosophy for you.

What’s been miserable in farming is the weather.

Markets are fine, and working.

Your way is the defeatist way it would seem to me. We finally have something not political running this country. A breath of fresh air. It’s not all roses and sweetness but it’s a heck of a lot better then the past 4 decades of partisanship and self serving politicians.

Markets moving up and down is opportunity. Anyone with a business head can play with a moving market and make it work.

I’m not into your sour grapes, poor me, and wanting the same old cronyism back in office. Blah on that!

Blah on the weather.

Markets aren’t in my favor, but they were a few years ago and I recall much worse than this in my lifetime, much much worse. I can work the markets. Selling $7 corn is easy, anyone can do that and there was the problem. Selling $3 would be normal, we are still in normal. People just don’t remember, $7 was too easy.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)