AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

USDA to use regression modeling to estimate soybeans exports in Wasde?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 7/10/2018 13:16 (#6861032 - in reply to #6860922)
Subject: RE: And in the meantime.....

South Central Iowa
We're small potatoes, 1% of the U.S. economy. The importance of exports to America, direct and indirect, is hard to even guess. It's somewhere around 15-25% of their economy. There will be no indirect harm to the U.S. economy from the domestic industries down stream from Ag in our supply chain. The impact of our tarriffs on importers, transportation, and retailers will be large, but still only a portion of the impact on the Chinese. Most as I can tell, it is a 2:1 to 3:1 impact.

It'll take 5-10 years to completely transfer from us as a supplier of the soy China needs if they don't want to decrease the amount of pork consumption and appear to be losing. I would wager that the factories that provide that valuable export driven economy will relocate to other countries in that amount of time too.
So China really won't have to worry about where their soybeans will come from, because by the time those chains are built and areas can be grown, they will have lost the ability to afford as much as they have now anyway.

Agree with the above also, they never have favored our products anyway. F-Them! I'll grow corn and cows and hay and fewer soybeans.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)