AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Land line replacement?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 6/7/2018 10:20 (#6799178 - in reply to #6799044)
Subject: RE: Land line replacement?

southern MN
I get 14Mbps on dsl, anyhow over 10 reliably and unlimited amount and the phone lines are very dependable around here. I deeply dislike my phone company for wrecking $4000 worth of my tile line, but they offer the best internet service and are rock solid dependable.

LTE on my iPad is slower and gets weak signal at times, and would cost more for a limited data amount.

Broadband services keep coming and going, don't think any have lasted more than 2 years. Seems an unstable business model 'here.' Lots of hills and trees makes that deal a difficult route for them to offer wide coverage.

Must be a here and there thing, but I couldn't imagine going away from dsl to something worse for internet feed. 'Here.'

Getting so I don't answer the phone any more, since I'm about the only person with a land line any more, every telemarketing scammer calls me because there are so few of us land liners left, they have to call me several times a day to get their quota in!

I'm the person that hates phones, so I don't have and don't want and am glad I don't need a cell phone. I love technology and fully enjoy my iPad decked out with cell data, so I'm up to speed on what is out there. I realize I'm the odd duck.

Still and all, DSL is the best option for internet here, couldn't afford to stream Sling TV, etc on cell data......

Paul

Edited by paul the original 6/7/2018 10:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)