AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need advice on negotiating with our own property insurance company.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 5/24/2018 09:49 (#6776475 - in reply to #6776449)
Subject: RE: Need advice on negotiating with our own property insurance company.

I feel your pain. When our house burned to the ground that our son lived it, I helped my son go through in our minds every room to list every item that was lost. Lucky for him, he bought most of his stuff online, at least the electronics, and could easily get a list of those things. But they wanted to know everything, forks, knives, spoons. You would think they would just say X amount to replace kitchen stuff. Then they only give you 70% of what you bought it for no matter if it was a few weeks old too. The company was very prompt about paying for the house what we had it insured for, and gave my son $5000 to get some clothes and immediately needed things. But then the waiting as they go through everything that we listed. I guess you can negotiate, as I did my best negotiating at 3AM when I couldn't sleep as I was mad that they only wanted to give him $200 for a quilt I made my son. I wrote an email telling them that doesn't even cover the material. So there was some give and take, some things he got more for, some less. Good luck, I am sorry you have to go through this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)