AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neighbor Kids Want Jobs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gene_champ
Posted 5/14/2018 20:32 (#6760622 - in reply to #6760539)
Subject: RE: Neighbor Kids Want Jobs

NC Iowa
jfreed - 5/14/2018 19:48

gene_champ - 5/14/2018 19:33
showboat - 5/14/2018 13:22 I THOUGHT it was when I wrote it. In what regard do you have concerns about the "question", or the issue? showboat
Just can't believe anyone would consider a 14 year old for anything around a farm. Doubt you could get workmans comp on them, and putting your assets at risk if you don't have it on employees. You are very limited on the types of jobs they can do without you being in violation of labor laws. Forget anything having to do with livestock or mahinery. Maybe picking up sticks or rocks, if no machinery or livestock anywhere near. Maybe too bad, it that is the way it is anymore.

Is this a legitimate response?? Are you an attorney? I had 3 different farmers calling me during the summer break to work ground,bale hay/straw,unload silage wagons,etc. etc. Was 13 years old at the time. To the OP,your in a tough spot. Hard to get this younger generation to do anything except X-box and chat on a computer/phone now days, let alone come to YOU asking for a job!! You might be surprised??!! Please let us know what develops and have a safe planting season.

You can hire all the 13 year olds you want. If they are injured or killed doing something prohibited by child labor laws on your farm, you will be responsible. probably won't own a farm anymore either. Don't need to be an attorney to know that.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)