AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neighbor Kids Want Jobs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gene_champ
Posted 5/14/2018 12:44 (#6759994 - in reply to #6759932)
Subject: RE: Neighbor Kids Want Jobs

NC Iowa
showboat - 5/14/2018 12:10

So what do you do with the neighbor kids, when they come by asking about a summer job?

Probably good kids, from honorable parents, or "blended" parentage.......surely do hate to turn down kids who actually ASK for a job. Unfortunately, they have no history, and no experience at much of anything......I'm not inclined to turn the loose with a high dollar tractor or combine, and they need supervision for a while if they wish to learn some tasks. Hate to leave a kid all alone with a paint bucket and a brush while I'm out in a field somewhere. Wish their elders would teach them a thing or two about running a lawn mower, or a ZTR mower in the yard.....or how to check their own oil/fuel, and/or change a blade or inflate a low tire.

Decent appearing 14 year old appeared at the door yesterday, inquiring about some work. Might give him something to do, but I'm not here in the yard all the time to supervise/educate/train. Of course, he has no drivers license, so he can't even run any errands legally.

So much to do, and I find myself turning down (possible/probable) willing workers.

Anyone have a method for dealing with a situation like this?? showboat

Is this a serious question?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)