AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HRSW yield higher than expected, drought tolerant breeding
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 9/5/2017 12:07 (#6230235 - in reply to #6230101)
Subject: RE: HRSW yield higher than expected, drought tolerant breeding

NCND
I think general concensus is crop better than expected especially if you asked what expectations were on July 1. I had been thinking all summer it'll be interesting to see how things react to different farming techniques, varieties and more intensive management than the last big big drought in late 80s. I guess I know for next time that if the heat dials downs a touch and we have subsoil to carry us things can work out decent. That's not saying there are not absolutely terrible areas out there just recognizing the fact that some of us got a little too down(me foremost) about crop prospects.

The first break in the market on July 5th was the day it rained in Russia after they too were in dire straits. They ended up with a gargantuan crop by sounds of things. Looking back the market got it right. Do we go back to 8$? I dunno but it doesn't feel like it can anymore so that's a good sign it very well could!

Edit to add I know people with their worst crops in 30 years while others had their best ever all within 80 miles of each other.

Edited by vailcat 9/5/2017 12:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)