AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how are beans doing in this heat where it is dry
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

sckansas
Posted 9/3/2017 18:59 (#6226869 - in reply to #6226800)
Subject: RE: how are beans doing in this heat where it is dry

eastern south central KS
Easy, guys! Perhaps we're all a bit tense after a year which for lots of us has been more difficult than last year. Here, eastern part of SC KS., we did get fairly regular rains until about 2 weeks ago but since then beans have increasingly been showing increasing stress. I wasn't that concerned thinking that they were far enough along that we still could have average yields... and that may be somewhat true on a couple of my early planted fields. On the others, planted two to three weeks later, pods are a long way from being filled and yes, I am worried. Vogel, who posted above, is 30 mi. straight N. of me, I have been around that area several times in last 2 weeks and yes, they are worse than us.

We have 91 here now, but overall the last two weeks we have been cooler than normal. Without rain tomorrow nite, things will get worse in a hurry. We have 30% chance tomorrow afternoon and nite w/ frontal passage but every update the weather forecast "discussion page" seems less and less optimistic on chances of precp.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)