AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

30, 60, & 90 day deviation from normal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 7/29/2017 19:58 (#6156365 - in reply to #6155848)
Subject: RE:If I read the 30 map correctly...

Death comes to us all. Life's but a walking shadow
And substantial areas of southern Wisconsin, northern Ill, central Ind and Ohio have received 4 to 6 inches of excess precipitation, they could easily show 20 to 30 bushel per acre declines from trendline yield due to excess precipitation. I know that here, even my better corn on better drained soils (tiled as well) varies dramatic in height while still good green color. From the road some of my corn near the barn looks quite good but we were binning wheat yesterday and I happened to climb the bin. I was quite surprised at the height variation in the corn field. It looked like a rumpled rug. I'm quite certain that this height variation will be reflected in the yield at harvest. I am slowly becoming convinced that we have a real sleeper of a story here that won't become fully apparent until the combines start reporting. You can't have parts of Iowa, Nebraska, Ill and South Dakota 20-30 bushel short due to the lack to precip. and at the same time as Wis., Ind, and Ohio are short due to excess precipitation without having a significant effect on national yield.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)