AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Would this make you less likely to hire this person?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

sand85
Posted 3/25/2017 12:03 (#5921742 - in reply to #5921254)
Subject: RE: Would this make you less likely to hire this person?

C IL
I get that there is a minimum level of care required for animals, especially confinement animals- I am inquiring about beyond the dead obvious.

You personally must sleep sometime? Does your operation have a night shift for the 24-7 care? There is never an hour in a year when someone is not in duty in the barns?

I guess I read ranch and picture pastured animals.

My neighbor has a 2400 head feedlot and sure there is someone there everyday, but not the same person 365 days a year, and not, to my knowledge, there all night every night.

From the outside, I am hard pressed to understand the business need for 7 days a week or 24 hours a day year round. I am trying to figure out if it is an internal business owner decision (I personally like to work and work most days, even out of season -there is always something to do, but that is a hard ask for employees here to do the same), or if there is genuinely a full scheduled day 365 days a year on my simplistic view of a ranch which is sections and sections of free range pasture. Genuine curiosity. Learn me something new.

Edited by sand85 3/25/2017 12:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)