AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

World Book Encyclopedia - cost new in 1964?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gene_champ
Posted 1/23/2017 19:24 (#5789069 - in reply to #5787817)
Subject: RE: World Book Encyclopedia - cost new in 1964?

NC Iowa
Bruce NW Ia - 1/23/2017 09:38

Talk about how things change-my parents purchased a set of World Book Encyclopedias new in 1964. Now you can get how many thousand more pieces of information thru a smart phone?

Any one have an idea what that set cost back in 1964? In my quick search to find an answer, I was surprised to find that they still publish an annual updated sets of encyclopedias, this year's edition like $ 1,200. They have a CD version, which didn't surprise me, but to still publish a hardcover set, wow.

my parents bought the American Peoples Encyclopedia in 1958. i think they were in the $400 area, but i don't remember seeing the check when i went through their old records. that was quite a sum then, considering you could buy a new car in the $2000 area. they always wanted to help us kids do well in school, so they had out best interested when they bought the. we used them for countless school papers and research. i often would get sidetracked and just get to reading one subject after another.

i have them stored in a box in the haymow now. i just seen then again a few weeks ago, but i couldn't throw them out. they are a reminder as to how much my parents wanted to do all they could for us.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)