AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Letter: Do farmers ‘expect taxpayer’ compensation?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 12/18/2016 10:14 (#5706274 - in reply to #5706214)
Subject: RE: Letter: Do farmers ‘expect taxpayer’ compensation?

southern MN
Bulk grain production is a roller coaster, dependent on the weather.

Very few govts in the world allow their people to suffer from low food supplies.

Thus, across the globe over production of food is encouraged, to be sure the low supply years still produce more than needed. The really good years, a whole lot of over production happens.

This is not a USA deal, this is a global deal.

And so, we have to farm within those parameters.

Worldwide governments will encourage oversupply.

If we actually did cut bulk grain supplies as he suggests, the cry from governments and citizens would be loud! It would not be tolerated.

In order to actually do such organized supply manipulation, farms would need to be controlled by 4 or less giant holding companies or coops or such. It would be the end of any sort of private small scale farming in the USA.

He wants to be heard, but he has nothing to say that actually would ever work. If he got his stated wishes it would be the opposite of what he actually wants.

Dufass.

That said, I'm no fan at all of current ag policy and supports.

But, we farmers will always be pawns of the global desire to have surplus bulk grain supplies, and will always be working with some form of govt 'assistance' that meets those goals. Seems every time they change, there are large parts I don't care for. I don't see things improving, they might change, but not improve for my or his tastes?

Paul

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)