AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agronomy Society sponsored webinar on organic no-till corn and soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nviney
Posted 12/6/2016 09:02 (#5679501 - in reply to #5678935)
Subject: RE: Agronomy Society sponsored webinar on organic no-till corn and soybeans

Evansville, WI
Mark is my neighbor, we are definitely in southern wi. He is growing a lot of different crops (dry edibles, corn, Emmer wheat, hairy vetch for seed, field peas for seed, rye for seed, canning peas, could be others but that is what I recall in 2016)

Looks like to me his general rotation is dry beans-corn-other crop, with cover crops between. On some acres he was trying to plant fields peas in both fall and spring before corn. I thought those fields looked pretty good. Some of the crimped stuff didnt look so hot.

As a strip till/no-till with cover crop guy, I wouldn't call much of what he does as no-till. He uses a Salford VT disk based air seeder and it's very aggressive. That said, I realize what I view as no-till isn't what succesfull organic no-till will probably be. I am also not being critical of his system, it is very interesting to me. The last few years have presented alot of weed control challenges due to wet weather in June.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)