AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How you make Seed vs. CP Decisions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

FARNORTHEAST
Posted 12/5/2016 19:13 (#5678219 - in reply to #5678168)
Subject: RE: How you make Seed vs. CP Decisions

gettingsmarter - 12/5/2016 18:01

First of all, thanks to those willing to cut me some slack. I genuinely appreciate it.

Secondly, thanks to those to aren't cutting me slack. Lesson number one: no corporate speak. I need to learn how to talk about this without being so obviously from a desk position so I genuinely say thank you.

When I say CP, I mean crop protection. From where I stand, I hear the most about herbicides (pre and post emergence) and fungicides.

Most Ag marketers are told "ROI, yield and product benefits are all that matter" and that "farmers love their Ag magazines." I want to know myself rather than being told by others at a desk. :)

Trying this again,
Melissa

I don't know if this will help but I often feel like I get a greater say in seed choice and it comes at a time when I have more time to make a decision. Crop protection is often reactive and while I have a plan , it often changes in real time. That being said I harbour a lot of ill will toward the progression we are taking towards seed companies having control of what I do on my farm. The kind of things I am talking about are the far reaching TUAs we sign and the small print controls . It will eventually reach and has already reached the stage in some cases, the point where we can only sell into certain markets if we have played along with Monsanto or Bayer and been good little sheep and bought and paid for the right traits. So that sours me on Seed ads some.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)