AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How you make Seed vs. CP Decisions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AGB
Posted 12/5/2016 19:40 (#5678325 - in reply to #5678168)
Subject: RE: How you make Seed vs. CP Decisions

Mid-Michigan
gettingsmarter - 12/5/2016 19:01

First of all, thanks to those willing to cut me some slack. I genuinely appreciate it.

Secondly, thanks to those to aren't cutting me slack. Lesson number one: no corporate speak. I need to learn how to talk about this without being so obviously from a desk position so I genuinely say thank you.

When I say CP, I mean crop protection. From where I stand, I hear the most about herbicides (pre and post emergence) and fungicides.

Most Ag marketers are told "ROI, yield and product benefits are all that matter" and that "farmers love their Ag magazines." I want to know myself rather than being told by others at a desk. :)

Trying this again,
Melissa

I'm sorry for starting this but truly didn't know what you were asking. For me I am willing to give up some yield for price when it comes to seed. I know that I leave some yield in the field planting my brand VS DK, but when I look at the increased bushels I need to grow to cover the $ difference, I usually determine that my cheap corn is a more profitable buy (unless you can tell me what the weather is going to do). With spray, I watch my pennies but am willing to pay more for proven sound products. I am very suspicious of certain things but am a sucker for the newest greatest. I'm willing to try anything. Fungicides for example. Many on here swear by them. I have tried several, several times. I did break even with the cost of product and application once. All other times they were a waste of money with the exception of Prosaro on wheat. Once again, sorry but I tried to fit in cost of production but it made no sense.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)