AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Work horse/race horse
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

blacksand
Posted 10/26/2016 16:35 (#5601442)
Subject: Work horse/race horse

South Dakota
We hear the terms workhorse and race horse hybrid all the time, and "it's all about product placement", but just for debate's sake, does it? If so, can you provide me with a link demonstrating evidence of this. I have attached a snapshot from a variable hybrid study sdsu has been doing. So far, it's a wash, there's no statistical difference in fitting the right hybrid to the right ground. Every year of the study has been like this. By everyone's logic, shouldn't a good pioneer agronomist be able to automatically tell you which product will create a statistical difference? I'd be interested to see what the dekalb ftn plots are seeing. Now do I think certain hybrids are better suited for bad ground? Yes, definitely. I just want to see the study where a racehorse crumbles and a workhorse beats it. I also think the term "workhorse" is often used to sugar coat a bad product. Obviously some products makes sense like Idc tolerant hybrids on idc ground. We had a supposed workhorse corn hybrid go about 100 bpa on bad ground this year and the race horse went 130. I just want to see the data, are bad genetics really better on bad ground, that's all.

Edited by blacksand 10/26/2016 16:41

(IMG_0797.PNG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0797.PNG (163KB - 256 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)