AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

173 and 51.5
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 10/9/2016 09:24 (#5571937 - in reply to #5571916)
Subject: Law of Average's

Buxton ND
Simply put its the ave. yield from 75-100-125 to 225-250-275.
Many say its not as good as 2014 looking at the top top end yields.
What about the bottom end yields bring up the average ?
Crop ratings on corn and beans have been historical high all season. Yep, I know many do not believe these weekly numbers.
We starting the season with less then 1% of the corn belt in a drought.
We started off with great sub-soil as a whole.
We DO NOT burn-up a corn crop in 2-3 weeks on that 12k-15k
We started the season with ALOT of corn planted into prefect or near prefect early conditions.
A very well know/respected corn agronomist that see's alot of the I corn belt said "There's no holes"
Yes early heat hurt ? The most seem to have focused on that. What about early heat helping the northern area ?
Northern area's for me are not just ND and northern MN.
So can we see a 175 average without the super high end yields well above 2014 levels ?
I see and hear ALOT of focus on "Its not as good as 2014", "No way we beat 2014 yields" WHY, simply because their looking at the top end yields,,, should we be looking at the bottom end yields ?

Beans gonna go with 53.5 solely because of August weather and seed size.
Corn I've been 171, rising it to 173 will probably rise it some more as harvest moves north. Could probably rise it to 174.5 simply because I have yet to see ONE POST complaining about test weights.
Wheat will I'm kinda the odd ball here :o)

"or seen very many yield results posted on NAT or anywhere else for that matter"

The Nebraska boys seem to be talking about low corn yields.
What about everyone else ? ? ?
Farmers quiet on yield has always meant one thing THERE GOOD/GREAT.
NAT's been really quiet lately ?
No one's talking test weights right ? Freeze will it did last night in Buxton, good frost but sure not the killer and its Oct 9th
Just think back to NAT's posts in lite test weight years ? Yep remember those liter test weights taking MORE bushel for X gallons of E or X pounds of meat ? Fair is fair high test weights take LESS. But yet not one posts about that.
Any where's up north that 10k or that 100k bin is gonna be MORE bushels after the fat lady sings.
Is this a factor in "Big Crop get Bigger" ?
This is where the "Boots in the Bins Count" its just shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by Sat 10/9/2016 09:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)