AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

173 and 51.5
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 10/9/2016 08:31 (#5571847 - in reply to #5571486)
Subject: RE: 173 and 51.5

North Central Illinois
I've been in the 170 camp on corn for a while now and have not raised or lowered that number simply because I have no information to make me do so. I've been so busy for the past month that I certainly haven't traveled any and I haven't spoken with many neighbors or seen very many yield results posted on NAT or anywhere else for that matter. I can only go by what I am experiencing on our farm. I felt during August that we had a chance to be close to 2014 on corn but probably not quite as good. Right now we are in a dead heat with 2014 with not too much left to go. Beans are very good too except where there were isolated pockets of SDS. So in my backyard things are pretty close to what I thought for the last couple of months. I have no idea how things are turning out elsewhere. I would imagiine similar. Those who had a lot of heat and were dry in June into July are probably finding average crops at best which is what was expected. I have no idea what this translates into with the size of the national crop.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)