AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Let's be clear, yields are great but...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 9/25/2016 09:08 (#5547711 - in reply to #5547521)
Subject: Preliminary..

We should be wrapping things up on the corn this week.. got 0.50" to run us out of the fields.

It's pretty consistent that irrigated yields are down 15..20..30+ bushels this year vs last.

Here are the past 2 years with this year's projections.. if things hold as is.

Irr 197.7
dry 119.8
total 161.3

Irr 212
dry 50.2
total 171

Irr 183* Projected
dry 83.7
total 161.7 

my highest yielding irrigated field had.. had around 5% drown out.. 0.0 bushels from that..  pretty hard to overcome.. there were some 230+ yields out in the middle but.. not enough.. more variable this year vs last.. even the best test plots though were down 30 to 40 bushels vs last year.  Not just drown out.  Dryland leached fertility and chemical.. for all the rains.. resistant pigweeds which we can normally control with a single pass.. overcame some area's..  how much to spend.. throw $$$ at dryland production?  A lot of people put a line in the sand on production costs.. then walked away.. seeing that on sorghum..  "Done spraying.. even if it needs it.. DONE!!"  could really bite us... but people don't seem to care...  prices suck.. who cares?

Corn basis for shuttle loaders to my east are as good on basis as we are here.. there are.. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8.. places that I can think of loading shuttles of corn for shipment out of state.. Including exports to Mexico.  One outfit has already shipped.. they say.. 6 shuttles.. including some to Mexico.  Cheap basis is moving bushels.

Wellington, Hutchinson, Abilene, Canton, Salina, etc... others are still working on the Wheaties.. and gearing up for sorghum.

A lot of corn was shelled last week.. most are over half to 3/4's done now. 

Reports of pretty hefty wheat feeding still occuring..  corn bunker in town not as big as thunked it would be.. 1/2 full.. will fill but expected as much piled on ground next to it..  buyers still think the crop is bigger than what I'm seeing.

In 2010 stored bushels doubled in price by next summer...  Pretty confident that we will see $4.++ corn next spring.. still expect one more stab lower though..?? 

Edited by JonSCKs 9/25/2016 09:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)