AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well I made a stupid mistake. Hy-Vee steak.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

a4t-1600
Posted 7/29/2016 10:22 (#5438830 - in reply to #5424115)
Subject: RE: Well I made a stupid mistake. Hy-Vee steak.

Dearfield Co.
I have read Chris posts on the meat as well as several other subjects since I became a member on this forum.Some of these threads I met with rebuttal of both the OP and the subject. On this subject of this thread I have came to a conclusion that agriculture has divorced itself from agriculture. The discussion of grocery store meats by both past and current producers of the product seems a little odd to me----------------------There is constant talk about uninformed consumers involving the organic non gMo subject and how stupid it is and how stupid the consumer is but this thread makes me scratch my head that on a ag forum it would even be a subject---------------farmers and livestock producers or anyone connected seem to embrace the enemy just strictly due to pricing. Subsidizing the value added seller base but not making a attempt to buy from other sources such as feeder direct and cooping the beef with neighbors/friends/family really makes me wonder why family farms and feeders have lasted as long as they have.

My wife has a package of T-bones thawing in the fridge that the meat originated less than 30 miles from my house and lived its whole life in this area, it was processed by the local locker who in turn buys his yearly tires and oil change from me after I patronize him. The grower of the beef also uses our shop occasionally and we haul some cattle for him as well as haul some protein supplement to him. I think this is a winning situation since I figured my total cost was 18 cents more per pound of total product than hamburger at the local store.And that doesnt include the brains, tongue, liver, heart and kidneys or oxtail. I give that to a cute latina neighbor who will make us tongue burritos in corn harvest. That in itself is something to look forward to-----------my wife has stood beside her and watched as well as received pointers but the wifes arent the same. I think I could safely state neither is the beef in comparison to what has been discussed in this thread
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)