AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How are you Delta force guys managing the down force- margin, etc
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Chief
Posted 7/17/2016 09:05 (#5415470)
Subject: How are you Delta force guys managing the down force- margin, etc

WC Iowa- mostly river bottom
have not been overly happy with the in the ground results with Delta Force. Still get 4-5 shallow seeds in a stand count- smaller stalks and seeds that are 1/2 inch shallower. Had hoped to be able to drive faster but digging shows I shouldn't. Paints decent maps but ground results tell the tale. Have tried anywhere from 100 to 150 on the down force setting with no better results. Margin runs from 30-60- higher at the upper down force settings. Tried to keep margin in the 40-60 area. . Have tried to get Precision to map margin, no luck. Have a Kinze 3600 16-31 planter. This year we were very wet. Farm on the Missouri river bottom - ground sloped to drainage ditches. The ridges were dryer and harder than the lower part of the slopes. Delta Force put the corn in too deep in the lower softer areas and too shallow in the higher, dryer areas that had a pretty good crust- 3/4 to 1 1/2 inches thick. Was wondering if anyone else was running into this problem? how are you managing the Delta Force? Not really happy with how it plants beans either. Front units plant differently than back. Would like to monitor front unit down force but they say I have to put delta Force on front units to do that. Not wanting to spend that kind of money on the front units. Have a neighbor that helps plant beans with a Kinze 16-31 with just springs and he does a way better more consistant job front units to back than mine with delta force on back and springs on front.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)