AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How are you Delta force guys managing the down force- margin, etc
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Wile e coyote
Posted 7/17/2016 16:41 (#5416219 - in reply to #5415470)
Subject: RE: How are you Delta force guys managing the down force- margin, etc

Greensburg, IN
What setting are you running the delta force ? I used the custom setting and would change the downforce as I go thru the field watching what the margin number was showing. This is all no-till. Also look at your planting summary page and see what the loss of ground contact, excessive compaction and good down force percentages are for the field. I believe Precision would rather have a higher percent of excessive down force than any loss of ground contact. When I run in the custom mode in notill conditions I was able to keep the good ground contact in the 98% area, excessive compaction at 1.5% and loss of ground contact at less than 1%. We also had wet conditions to plant so was trying to really fine tune the down force. We also run RTK auto steer so I can really work with the 20/20 to adjust on the go. I assume you also have an I-pad in the tractor for real time mapping of the down force? Any time you see a blue square on the mapping thats an indication of loss of ground contact for that unit. After reading your post again, I believe the 30-60 margin reading is to light especially when you try to increase ground speed. My margins seemed to work best at 60-80. at 4.0 MPH in no-till ground. Do you also run any type of seed firmers? May or may not help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)