AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hard navigator sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 6/30/2016 22:00 (#5384517 - in reply to #5384401)
Subject: RE: hard navigator sprayer

Middlesex County, Ontario
Probably the mini drift duo nozzles. It doesn't matter what kind of nozzle it is anyway, the colour coding is the same between different types. At 6 mph and 12-13 GPA those nozzles should be at 60-70 psi just like you said.

I still think that some kind of sprayer problem is more likely than all your check valves failing. Did you get a look at your boom pressure while running? Your machine should have two boom pressure gauges. One gauge is on the back of the machine, immediately to the right of the section valves. The other gauge is at the front of the machine above the work platform. They should read the same, and 60-70 psi while running your 12-13 GPA at 6mph.

If your gauges read the 60-70 psi that they should, then I guess your check valves are failing. I would not remove the check valves. If you remove them, the sprayer will be slow to shut off at the end of a pass, and it will be slow to get going at the start of a pass. The booms will drop when you shut them off, and it can let air into the booms which makes them even slower to turn on/off. I would run a commercial tank cleaner through your booms and let it sit awhile, try to get whatever gunk is there cleaned out. Taking out the checkvalves is treating the symptom instead of the desease.

I think I'm on year 4 or 5 of owning a navigator and I have never had a clogged nozzle. You could check the cyclo filter on the right side of the machine by the computer box, but it is self cleaning and will probably be clean. You could also check the 6? section filters on your boom, they can slime up and should catch anything that could possibly plug a nozzle or cause any check valves issues.

Some people will say the boom pressure gauge can read different than the actual boom pressure, due to all the plumbing between the gauge and boom. This is not so on your Hardi, its a single (red) tube that runs from the boom to the front gauge.The only way the gauge will read different than the boom is if the gauge is bad. Good engineering and a nice feature.

Edited by WildBuckwheat 6/30/2016 22:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)