AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to plant for cover on prevent ground?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 6/16/2016 08:21 (#5358461 - in reply to #5358445)
Subject: RE: What to plant for cover on prevent ground?

southern MN
Dan Loehr - 6/16/2016 07:11

Not trying to defend anything but myself- Paul we paid for the insurance- the rules were try to plant as much as you can up to the last plant day- in Indiana June 5 for corn -it is sprayed with corn herbicides- no beans- the $ paid for prevent plant is not great but IMO better than taking the risk to plant corn that late. I do not make the rules just follow them. If we plant after the last plant date coverage is dropped 1% each day- not the best either. If it seems morally wrong to not plant. I again say I do not make the rules. If anything CI should look at our planting practices for poor farming practices, planting when way too wet. We are well equipped to plant in a timely period and don't slack off.

Just saying - defending the decisions we made - Dan

Agree with you 100%.

My comments are at those creating/ running the programs, in general. Not at those using what is offered.

And their mismanagement/ good intentions of farm programs goes back to the govt set aside of the 80s, much worse plan than PP...... Dad and I used Setaside; just like PP, it is there so you are in or you are on the sidelines it is what it is. The Direct Payment of past years was pointless, but is collected just like everyone else, had to.

Sorry if I derailed your thread or didnt make myself clear.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)