AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to plant for cover on prevent ground?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 6/16/2016 07:34 (#5358391 - in reply to #5358315)
Subject: RE: What to plant for cover on prevent ground?

southern MN
Here we plant beans until July 4th, some with early pea crop double crop beans until the 12th or so. And we are sure north of you. If you can get a sprayer in you can plant beans.

I don't understand PP, it seems like a poor program as it is enacted, it does not protect the food supply. I should be happy about that, it raises grain prices, but it seems wrong to me. Farm programs should help both the nations food supply and farmers, I understand why no farmers get unhappy,with us.

I don't begrudge a person using the programs the govt makes available so don't mean anything against you at all. Just think we have some problems we should fix in the govt on this.....

Around here oats at a bu an acre is the cheap crop to put something green out there, too thin to compete with weeds at that rate but comes up green and cheap. Sorry if I drift this thread away from you..... Don't think I've ever seen a field not planted since the set aside days here, but that was what they did back then on the cheap, bu of oats.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)