AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 7000 Conservation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ranchrider18
Posted 3/10/2016 13:23 (#5167615 - in reply to #5165714)
Subject: RE: JD 7000 Conservation

SE Minnesota
Long shot here, but I was just going through the same thing with a 2000 series Kinze, should be about the same dimensions as the 7000 conservation, 7x7 bar around 20" to bottom of frame. I located a set of single disks for a 7X7 bar but after measuring where I wanted them, I couldnt get them to fit exactly where they needed to be to run 2x2 and pushing away from the area where the seed openers follow as there is already too much stuff bolted onto the frame (factory top drive) I wound up finding a set of single disks for a 3x3 bar and wanted to reuse them on the 2 1/2" bar on the Kinze which sits almost exactly in the same spot as a JD 7000 (not conservation) bar. Mark ECIN is right, they are a totally different location with the factory JD 3x3 fertilizer bar. I ended up making shims out of a 3x3 tube split length-ways and I'm going to run the disks in the higher position of the 2. Should get me about 2-3" deep in the ground which is right where I want to be with my P&K I'm putting down. I attached a picture, but it's a terrible picture, but hope it helps.

PS, you might see a picture around mid-May of my 2.5x2.5 bar all bent to hell from trying to run the heavier single disks, but I figured it was worth a try.

(single disk opener.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments single disk opener.jpg (1KB - 86 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)