AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Distance vs price
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

dub
Posted 3/4/2016 22:36 (#5156010 - in reply to #5155935)
Subject: RE: Distance vs price

Clarksville, IL
Mike im guessing your talking about the food grade place to the north we take quite a bit there, every year keep adding more, this year wish we had done a bunch more on grain that they sold through their programs its all had a 4 on it, they are a little picky but i can deal with it, gotta clean beans out of combine but were getting paid very well for the work i think. got corn sold for 4 bucks right now for next year. im looking at taking corn to ethanol plant when we can get on the roads to haul some corn out that is not going to the food grade program but as of now we have corn going there till april. neighbor told me he can haul there for 3 to 4 cents from up here, so im gonna take some that way just to branch out some. i know if we had wetter corn it would pay better being they dont dock till 15.5. and yes the wait time up north can be long but 2 times this winter we got 6 loads out in a day from 7 to 3 and some days we got 3 but going to ethanol would be hard pressed to get 3 out where we are. i say go for it if it can pay its way.

Allen
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)