AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

6.0 to a V10 gas conversion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

RockyMtnKng
Posted 2/22/2016 09:25 (#5128895 - in reply to #5128353)
Subject: RE: 6.0 to a V10 gas conversion

Manson IA
davpal - 2/22/2016 00:02

I don't agree. He could put a carburated 350 chevy in there and it would be a better vehicle than it is now. Is everybody on here too young to remember how good a gasoline engine can run in a pickup? The economy and pulling power of a diesel is useless if it's sitting in a driveway unable to be driven because it's broke down
or on the side of the road with a gelled up fuel filter. If you're going to go through all that trouble of swapping in a cummins he might as well stick with the 6.0. Or just buy a Dodge with a cummins already in it. I thought this group of guys were big ethanol supporters. Just not with pickups I guess.

You can buy the truck he is talking about building (gas v10 ford) cheap enough (like $5k and under that I've seen) there would be 0 value in doing what he is wanting to do IMHO. If the truck is worth keeping either fix the 6.0 properly (head studs, EGR delete, tuning, etc) or stick a Cummins in it. If you are going to go through all the work and $$$ of a conversion might as well put a motor worthy of a 3/4 or 1 ton truck in there.... And it would have some resale value, probably never get back all the $$$ of the conversion but it would be worth something.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)