AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Would you grow marijuana if it was legal?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Youngbux
Posted 2/8/2016 09:49 (#5096192 - in reply to #5096055)
Subject: RE: Would you grow marijuana if it was legal?

Midwest
frytownfarmer - 2/8/2016 08:48

In crop talk there is a thread about growing hemp.

What about marijuana if it was a legal plant to grow and sell.... the real stuff...

Corn, Barley, Rye, and Wheat make alcohol... Would you have a problem growing tobacco if you were in the south?

I honestly don't know if I would or not... I guess it would have to have a significant increased revenue for me to grow it... It would probably be a good rotation for weeds and disease... and probably good for the soil as well.  I can honestly say I have never smoked marijuana though I definitely had the chance in school to do so. It was always something I wanted to be able to tell my kids I never did though I must say that now I'm an adult I don't have as strong of convictions against it. Like alcohol, I think that the "culture" of getting drunk or stoned is worse than the drugs itself. It gets a bad reputation because the type of people that do harder drugs and commit crimes start out with alcohol and marijuana... my opinion...

anyways.

would you plant marijuana if the next president makes it legal for farmers to grow and sell? why or why not?

The biggest drug lords in the country don't use the stuff themselves, whether is marijuana, cocaine, meth, whatever. They are much smarter than the people they are selling it too. For me if there was a market for it and it was profitable I don't think I'd have a problem growing it. The industrial Hemp deal I think has a much stronger chance of actually establishing a real market sometime in the future.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)