AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Consumer $$$$ and energy...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

pknoeber
Posted 1/28/2016 16:23 (#5070308 - in reply to #5070194)
Subject: RE: Consumer $$$$ and energy...

SW KS, near Dodge City
White Shadow, it's not that I'm not on ethanol's side. I absolutely am... But I would much rather it be from all of those in ag that have the resources and abilities pooling together to make it happen. Look at how fast they raised money to put up $100M plants. Now think if those same investors (generally pretty well-heeled farmers, from what I've seen/heard) also put that drive and backing behind a distribution chain. That creates the access right there. Trying to force access into a distribution channel that another industry has invested in for several decades just doesn't seem right to me.

Now, for all those that absolutely hate the NCGA etc... Where do you think the organization and coordination necessary for the lobbying it took to get the RFS in place came from? How much more do you really want them to do? They are not an omnipotent organization with endless resources, they have to pick and choose based on scarce resources, and I'd say that getting the RFS in the first place would be considered the win of a lifetime, but now they get crucified for not running endless, incredibly costly ad campaigns.

Edit: I'm not naive enough to think that big oil will ever give up anything. And they shouldn't, we are trying to take their market, and I would hope we'd fight tooth and nail if somebody were trying to take our market. We are trying to shoe in on something that they've literally spent 50+ years building, but we want it NOW, so we have the mandate that does that. Why not also work on a long-term solution that doesn't rely on the mandate though? Like everybody has said, all of those things have taken generations to develop as they have... So what's ethanol's plans for the next generation?

Edited by pknoeber 1/28/2016 16:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)