AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Consumer $$$$ and energy...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

pknoeber
Posted 1/28/2016 12:48 (#5069950 - in reply to #5069893)
Subject: RE: Consumer $$$$ and energy...

SW KS, near Dodge City
I was thinking along the lines of 1234's decrease in energy/fuel costs. That is disposable income that over the long term will be used for the consumers to increase their standard of living. Why not try to capture that through our products like the protein complex? Would it capture all of it? Probably not, b/c people will use it on other discretionary items also, but it would all help.

Here's my fear... What does everybody say about the current election? That everybody is fed up with the status quo and the career politicians, so they're ready to put Trump in. Reading the political pundits, they're all shocked at the anger the average american has against the existing political parties... Well, it's not a tremendous stretch to imagine that average american also directing that anger to what they perceive as a few wealthy farmers that are becoming fat off of government subsidies and mandates. Whether we like it or not, our power as a voting block is eroding, and as the urbanization continues and even fewer people have any semblance of ties to the rural regions, we have put ourselves in a precarious spot by depending on gov't mandates for our products. Ethanol is a tremendous user and friend to the grain producer, but so are beef and chicken producers. Edit: And hogs. Not sure why I forgot hogs. I like bacon!

Edited by pknoeber 1/28/2016 16:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)