AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Billing Issue - Shop Supplies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ironbender
Posted 1/5/2016 16:20 (#5013246 - in reply to #5012812)
Subject: RE: Billing Issue - Shop Supplies

northwest Iowa
I never said I give the stuff away, I just don't put it on the bottom of the bill and make the guy mad. I have to charge a little more for a lot of welding because I can burn up a lot of wire in an hour. If I use a tube of grease I charge for it and mark it up a little just like any other parts, but I can't really tell how much wire or gas I used on a job so I just take a guess and add a little time to cover it. I don't add for cotter keys or WD 40 but if I use a bolt I put it on the bill.
As far as what the other guy has invested I guess that doesn't really matter, but if he figures his time is worth double what my time is and then adds a surcharge at the bottom of the bill it irks me. I don't have to go back. I had a forklift that was running rough so I took it to the dealer I bought it from and they did a tuneup on it. The bill was $2900 and then they had to add a percentage for shop supplies. For a tuneup!! I don't see any reason to go back there either. Maybe I'm just getting old. Thanks, Phil
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)