AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Billing Issue - Shop Supplies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 1/5/2016 09:26 (#5012308 - in reply to #5011176)
Subject: RE: Billing Issue - Shop Supplies

East Central, Nebraska
I agree. I get what the original poster is saying unfortunately I rarely see a $22 shop supplies charge on a $1000 bill. its usually more like $100-200 and then I go down the list and still see stuff like penetrating oil and shop rags on the bill. maybe you are very honest and only charge a conservative estimated amount for supplies, not the case everywhere else I have seen.

where exactly does the $140 per hour shop rate go then. i don't run a shop. if you would explain it then that might help make sense of it for the people that have to pay the bills. i know for a fact that the shops in my area that charge that don't pay their employees working on the machinery much over $20 per hour after benefits.

another question is, it seems to me that the local auto shop and deere dealer and others charge by time it should take to do a job, not by how long it actually takes, how long it should take. if they are such experts in pin pointing it down to the minute then why cant they assume this project will need to be charged x number of dollars in "miscellaneous parts supplies"

Edited by caseihfarmer 1/5/2016 09:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)