AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

finding myself in an odd situation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

havin'funfarming
Posted 12/20/2015 08:28 (#4973553 - in reply to #4969148)
Subject: RE: finding myself in an odd situation

Manitoba, Canada
We don't know the entire situation either. If the conversation was sudden and unexpected it would catch a guy off guard and unsure of how to respond. Often it is better to think about how to respond than it is to just "wing it". Not saying anything yet is also a sign that he holds great respect for his friend because he is on here asking about the BEST way to handle it without losing him as a friend. Yes, it is now public. However, it is also evident that he had already decided what his offer was going to be BEFORE his friend talked to him so he is not using the new information to pull one over on his friend.

I think the best answer now is to go to him and just be honest. If he caught you off guard be honest in that you didn't know how to handle it without hurting him and needed time to think about how to talk to him. Personally, I think you should tell him what you were willing to offer. There is a chance he will read this and know anyways. I hope he is a good enough friend that you can reach an understanding. JMO though.

As far as the "business is business" talk I find that often people who talk like that are the ones who will be the least likely to remain friends with people who treat them with similar respect.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)