AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hearing aids
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Iowajim
Posted 12/9/2015 07:37 (#4948465 - in reply to #4948220)
Subject: RE: Hearing aids

NW Iowa
I have used Audibel for a year and a half. They are the model that fits behind the ear with a tube that goes into the ear canal. This is my first experience with hearing aids so I have nothing to compare them to. The audiologist said I have a 50 percent flat line loss, meaning 50 percent of every tone is lost. He said I am easy to fix because of this flat line loss. That said, they do help quite a bit in a one to one conversation with no or low background noise. If someone behind me talks loud while I am listening to a person in front of me the loud voice behind me will drown everything out. The Audibel man told me if some hearing aid salesman tells you he can block out background noise he is lying. These aids I have include a remote control that I use on occasion but not often. The remote does come in handy if I am in a group meeting in a large room and someone in the room stands up to make a comment. If that person talks softly I can turn up the hearing aids. It's like having a personal PA system. The first time I wore them to church I heard the pews creaking and papers rustling for the first time in years. Also, the first time I drove one of my cab tractors I thought something was wrong with the tractor because I heard strange noises I had not heard before. It turned out these noises were normal, I just hadn't heard them before. LOL
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)