AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For the guys capturing basis and carry: Your daily market routine?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 12/1/2015 19:26 (#4932116 - in reply to #4927657)
Subject: RE: For the guys capturing basis and carry: Your daily market routine?

Thanks for the replies everyone. Sorry for my slow response. Mostly due to a major meeting for our operation and preparation for that meeting.

I appreciate all of your thoughts. For the most part it sounds similar to what I was wanting to try. I had thought about trying to get on email lists but I hadn't been very serious about it. Sounds like K should more thoroughly check it out.

I am not familiar with the growers edge site either rooster. I appreciate that and I'll look into that.

zmracing and and wmst, it sounds like your experience lines up with my plan pretty well. Leaving the options open by using futures seems to be the ticket to me as well.

jpartner, thanks for the thoughts. As always your take on energy is quite interesting. I don't really know of anywhere I can come up with basis history for my area. There is a major elevator but I think they aren't really the ones that set the basis. Instead, the feedlots say what they are willing to buy at and the elevator attempts to be a reflection of that. I'm not sure how closely they reflect the available bids from feedlots. I suppose sometimes the change in basis is fairly proportional and other times it may not be.

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's help. Sounds like it shouldn't be too bad if I can just make it a habitual thing. Thanks again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)