AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

has anybody reversed a tractor for a loader?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jc1206
Posted 11/29/2015 19:26 (#4927234 - in reply to #4926591)
Subject: RE: has anybody reversed a tractor for a loader?

northern IL
Crete - 11/29/2015 15:25

OTT (over tire tracks) will take you where you need to go for aboot $2500. If you can find them used you'll likely get it done for under $1000. Tracks will take you places the 2WD would get stuck empty.

The problem with that is I fill the feed wagon everyday on my concrete bunker floor and all my lots are concrete mostly so the tracks probably wouldn't work there .
The other problem with tracks is I travel the blacktop road to get to the cow lot .

My loader is a ih 1066 with a 2350 ih loader. The tractor travels quickly to the field but the loader hydraulics are slow.and once you put a bale on the forks in mud you are helpless cause your pushing mud with the front wheels and you have no weight on the drives. I know of two of these combinations that have broken the tractor at the Bell house from bouncing down the road with a load on the loader.

I have the 706 already and a wl21 westendorf loader that could be mounted on it. It also has th old two point / 3 point on it that you could mount a blade on it to push snow or scrape lots with.

Edited by jc1206 11/29/2015 19:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)