AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

wheat after soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Cv1
Posted 11/28/2015 13:20 (#4924535 - in reply to #4924508)
Subject: RE: wheat after soybeans

Norwich, ND
We seed everything in 10 inch rows here with an 1890 Deere disc drill. Works very nice to no till into bean stubble in 10 inch rows with wheat. Seems like the guys that seed beans in 20's and 30's they get quite a bit taller and more trash to contend with. One more observation that stuck out this year, we had some nasty wind come through after most all of the beans were harvested and on the 20's and 30's it really piled the residue (2-3inches high) up in the fields in spots, must be since there is more gap between the cut off stems so the residue had more room to move? Which is not attractive to me I would have a hard time cutting threw those piled areas with our disc drill and it would force me to make a VT pass. Our bean residue is still nicely spread across the feild from the combine and did not move a lick when the wind went through. We have ran vertical tillage across some bean fields in years past also and that works real nice as well and really makes a nice seed bed with one pass.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)