AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dumb rotary mower question...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 11/25/2015 23:12 (#4919201)
Subject: Dumb rotary mower question...

KY
Have a new-to-me 15' batwing Taylor Way mower.. noticed the last time I used it that on one wing the driveline had some movement to it at the gearbox. Had a chance to look today and both wing drive lines, where the yokes slide into the gearbox shaft, the bolt in the yoke is loose. Noticed also, that these bolts had the nuts on them, and half an inch of thread or so sticking out past the nuts, but the heads were gone. They are broken off about 1/2" inside, loose enough to turn by hand, but I have heartedly tapped on them with a punch and they wouldn't budge. I was just killing time with a few spare moments I had this afternoon so didn't investigate in detail nor try real hard to get them out so I can replace them. Didn't have a chance to run up to my retired row and look at my old se15 rhino to see what those yokes looked like so thought I'd ask here, just find it odd that they would be broken off on the head side 1/2" deep. I would think the threaded side protruding so far out would be the more likely spot to break.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)